After a penalty error: Yilmaz comes back from national team

"That was my last game," said the 36-year-old about his career in the national team at the press conference after the game against Portugal. In the 85th minute, the meanwhile former captain had a penalty for possible 2: 2. His ball brushed the crossbar on the way over the gate.

I will wake up every night until the end of my life and think that I turn this penalty.

Burak Yilmaz

His greatest achievements with the Turkish national team were the participation in the EM Finals 2016 in France and 2021 at the intercontinental tournament. Yilmaz said, "I'll wake up every night until the end of my life and think that I turn this penalty."

As a reason for his resignation he referred to that he wanted to pass on the staff to the young, new generation of Turkey. However, he kept a way to return: "If extreme, impawls happen, I will help."

Burak yılmaz missed penalty (turkey-Portugal play off)

His career on a club level does not affect the resignation. Currently the Turk plays at the Lille OSC.

Comments

Popular Posts